Benefits Eligibility Rules
Who is eligible for benefits
All Omnicell employees who work at least 30 hours per week are eligible for benefits.
If you are a new employee, you become eligible for benefits on the first of the month following your date of hire. You must enroll within 31 days of your date of hire or you cannot enroll for benefits until the next Open Enrollment period (typically in the fall), unless you experience a qualifying life event.
Whom you can cover
Eligible dependents include:
- Your legal spouse
- Your registered domestic partner and his or her qualifying children
- Your children up to age 26
- Natural and adopted children
- Stepchildren who qualify under IRS guidelines
- Any other children you support financially because you are the legal guardian or you are required to provide coverage as the result of a qualified medical child support order
When your dependent reaches age 26, he/she will be automatically dropped from your Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance Plans at the end of the month.
The plan may review and verify eligibility at any time and terminate an ineligible dependent’s coverage. Strict rules apply to the timing of coverage termination and may affect COBRA eligibility.