Voluntary Life Insurance
You have the option of purchasing additional life insurance in increments of $10,000, not to exceed the lesser of five times your basic earnings or a maximum of $600,000.
- If you are under the age of 60 and you apply for this coverage within 31 days of your date of hire, proof of good health is not required for amounts purchased up to $250,000.
- If you wish to purchase any amount of coverage greater than $250,000, you will be required to fill out and submit an Evidence of Insurability Form.
- If you purchase additional life insurance for yourself, you can purchase coverage for your spouse and/or your dependent children. This coverage is available for your spouse in increments of $10,000, not to exceed 100% of your approved coverage amount or $600,000, whichever is less.
- If you wish to purchase any amount of coverage for your spouse that is greater than $30,000, your spouse will be required to fill out and submit an Evidence of Insurability Form.
- You can purchase coverage for your dependent children:
- Birth to 14 days: $1,000
- 14 days to six months: $1,000
- Six months to age 19 (25 if a full-time student): $10,000
Portability or conversion
If your employment with Omnicell is terminated for any reason, your voluntary life insurance coverage can continue on a direct-bill basis at the group rates. To port your coverage (i.e., take your coverage with you), you must elect to do so within 30 days of your termination date. Please contact Unum for details.